9/20/08

Apple Picking and Camping






This weekend was full of fun. There is a farm not too far from here that you can go and pick your own apples and we went with a friend. The kids loved it and ate instead of helping. Aubree had 4 and Garrett ate bites out of about 3 and then would throw it and pick another! The same day the ward had a camp out, Brent and Garrett came and helped us set up, Aubree and I stayed and roasted marshmallows and kept warm by the fire. Surprisingly Aubree slept really good in the tent except for waking up at 5:30. It was fun to spend time alone with Aubree, she is sure a sweet girl.

8 comments:

The Robinson's said...

I love going fruit picking, its one of our families favorite activities especially when you get to eat as many as you want at no charge, "come on kids, lets go to Eckert's Farm, its time for lunch!" Way fun pictures of the camp out, those are always great memory making activities.

jamie t. said...

Looks like fun! The fall is such a great time for activities like that. I can't believe that the ward is going camping so late in the year. Here it is so so cold at night. Cold weather is on its way. :(

Anne Woods said...

We hit Lyns yesterday, too! I forgot about the campout! How brave off you to go without Brent! Looks like fun- love the picture of you and Aubree and your funny faces!

J.J. said...

Your kids are adorable. Aubree is so big and Garrett and Wes do look a alike. Love his shirt! Looks like you had a great time! Don't you love this blogging thing? I am addicted and I love keeping in touch! Have a great week! ---JaNae

Stewart Family said...

How fun. I wish they had apple picking here. Maybe we could go potato digging, but I'm not sure the kids would enjoy it as much. Cute cute kids. They are getting so big. I love your hair, it is getting so long.

Rebecca McQuivey said...

Hey!!! I am glad that you found our blog. It has been a long time! Your kids have gotten so big and they are adorable I have never even seen Garrett before now and he is ADORABLE! It is good to see that you are all doing well. We should get together some time and let the kids play.

Jessica said...

That looks fun. We haven't done the apple picking thing yet. I always think it will be a great idea, but don't get around to it.

Jon and Caprice said...

I love apple picking! We had so much fun. It's a great thing about Ohio, huh? Don't worry, we'll make it down to Columbus soon!