11/7/08

Gymnastics, Indian Summer and Finger Paint Friday

This week Aubree started a gymnastics class at the Rec center. She had a blast doing frog jumps and stretching, she is the oldest one in the class but she helps the little kids who have trouble, she is so sweet. Some of the pictures didn't quite turn out but you get the idea.


I LOVE November in Ohio, we get to have an indian summer. Aubree asked why the Indians gave us summer, but really it is just a week or two of unusually warm temperatures. We have been going to the park about 3 times a week to get our fill before the rain comes. Here are some pictures of the kids in the sun. (I can't believe that some of you have snow already!!)





And just like that the rains came so we can no longer spend our entire day drawing chalk on the driveway and ride bikes to the mail. We decided today to make it "Finger Paint Friday" I put an old sheet in the garage and let the kids go at it. Garrett had the most fun, as you can see. He cried when I took him in the house to clean up. Aubree, as usual, barley put her fingers in the paint and called it good.






Just as a side note, we are for sure coming out west during july and august and were thinking about driving. We have only come cross country once and Aubree was 3, we drove non stop. So we really don't know how it will go with two kids and stopping a few times to sleep. Any suggestions on which you all prefer (driving or flying) and what the pros and cons are? I could really use some ideas. THANKS!!

8 comments:

MAH said...

That sure is a long drive. I don't know if you will be able to drive non stop with two kids. Flying is always seems a little easier. If you can find a good price. Southwest has some good deals sometimes. If you download Ding (an application) they usually have some really good deals. My mom went out there this year for 60 dollars each way from Salt Lake to Columbus. Just a thought!

Laura said...

The drive out to Connecticut really wasn't bad with two kids. We had lots of cheap toys and if they were good they got one every two hours, or when they got restless. And we also had a dvd player in the back of the car, I am really sick of Cars, and Incredibles, but they were so good! The worst part was getting them to sleep at the hotels.
Good Luck!

Dehner Family said...

Garrett is getting so big! Love the Friday finger paint idea.

Cheryl said...

Just to protect my kiddos. There are too many sickos out there.

jamie t. said...

Oh I hate driving! It is doable if you just take breaks pretty often. Good luck with whatever you do. The painting looked like fun! I am also jealous of your beautiful weather. The rain has started and probably won't end until may with me luck :)

J.J. said...

Your kids are so cute! Their big brown eyes remind me of Brent and his sibings when they were little! Glad you are having a fun fall! We are cold! :)JaNae

Stewart Family said...

Wow, I am so jealous of the nice weather. We have already had a little snow here. You are such a fun Mom. Finger paint Friday!! I love it. We took our kids to Denver this summer. It is about a 10 hour drive. It went okay... just be sure to have lots of snacks a portable DVD player, and earplugs. haha

Rebecca McQuivey said...

Hey! Your kids are so cute! Garrett and Miley I think would like each other quite a lot. We should get together sometime and let the kids play.